Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Secrets

Hello and good morning:

Things have felt a little bit intense.  I've had to take extra care of myself and rest where ever possible.  Those of you who are into astrology know what I'm talking about.  I feel good about this year.  For me I need to get out of my writer's block and finish my 3rd book, which is a gay themed adventure book.  I'll have to say that out of the 3 books this one has been the hardest to write.  On the contrary, Jackie's Awakening was the easiest.  Since I was writing about so much about me, the words just flew out of my fingers and into the computer.  In the book Jackie has a big secret like many of us she doesn't want to reveal.  

Pain is one of the reasons why I decided to take the leap of faith and dive into writing.  I had so many hurts that I couldn't stand it.  When I started writing Jackie's Awakening, I allowed myself to just go with the flow and write.  When I went back and reread what I had written, I was amazed at how much better I felt.

One thing that I have my characters do is journal.  I was told along time ago that this helps the soul release things that need to be resolved.  I do journalling myself and found this to be true.  In another one of my stories, one of the characters really gets into the emotions of what she is writing.  In the end a lot was released and she felt better.  I too have done this.

What do you do to get your emotions out?  For me it's always writing.  Jackie did other things, some that were not in her best interest.

I'm wishing you all a wonderful day because you are all worth it.

Lynn


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,

    I've been enjoying reading your posts. I too have done a lot of journaling. I found it particularly helpful a while back when I was going through some trials of life.

    Like your characters I too prefer to write by hand. I feel that it gets me in touch with my inner self more deeply than typing. But I have also typed in a journal as well. Either way - it is really great to get those feelings out.

    I look forward to reading Jackie's Awakening...when will the print version be available?

    Thank you.

    Sincerely,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn,
    I write them down in the books Ali and I write together and on post its and any other paper I come across. It makes me feel better seeing it on paper and love to add it to our own books we write. It helps me out alot and know that I can become a stronger person and can heal from it. I look forward reading Jackie's Awakening when Ali is finished reading it on the Kindle.

    Thank you for writing your book and It makes me feel better knowing that there are other people like me out there from the LGBT community.

    Sincerely,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete