Monday, December 17, 2012

Breaking out of a Mold

Time seems to be flying fast these days.  I can't believe that 2012 is coming to a close.  It just seems like yesterday when I got the keys to my house, when in fact it was last February.  

This entire year I've been working on three writing projects.  One of which I kept telling myself that I would have done by the end of the year.  Well it's not going to happen.  I'm being very picky and I want things just right.  These take time.

I have once again decided to make a major change to that story.  Over the course of the year, I have changed so my story is not the same as it was back in February.  I have introduced some new things into the story so the rest of it needs to reflect it.  This means major rewrites.  Ugggg.  I now have to rethink a lot of things in the story.  Part of me is dreading this, but the more mature part of me is saying, "This all part of life."  After all I want this story to be published.

This year has been all about major changes.  Little did I know that when I bought my wonderful house that I would have so many things that needed to be fixed.  These were things that came about after I moved in.  Like my story, I had to rethink some things as well as reevaluate my finances.  This was not fun, but something that needed to be done.

Life certainly threw me some curve balls this year.  I think that I did a pretty good job handling them.  I need to do the same with my story.  I need to get out of this "I don't want to do this" way of thinking and into the bigger picture mode.

I certainly have some things to think about.  I'm going to use some of my earlier advice and just take a time out.  After all it's Christmas and I have a whole bunch of things that need to get done.

Have a wonderful day.

Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment