Friday, December 14, 2012

Giving From the Heart

Christmas time is one of my favorite times of the year.  It has such a magical feel to it.  I love the decorations and the music.   I usually get into the spirit around Halloween time.  And yes I'm always one who buys things for my loved ones.  

This year I get to give back in another way.  One of our trusted friends is experiencing a major loss in her life and needs some extra TLC.  My partner and I have opened our home up to her so that she does not have to be alone.  It feels so good being able helping her out as well as accommodating her.  To me this is what the Christmas season means to me.

In years past I have volunteered at animal shelters and soup kitchens during this time.  I felt good from the heart knowing that I was making a positive difference in someone else's life.  I know too that the people who I helped out really appreciated my efforts.  One smile goes a long way.

I also write about being of service in my books.  In one of my future ones I have a woman who crochets clothing and donates them to a church.  She does this because she wants to make a difference in another person's life, particularly women and children.  She loves her hobby and wants to share this love all year long.  She expects nothing in return although her efforts are well appreciated.

I'm wishing you all a wonderful season from my heart to yours.


Lynn






No comments:

Post a Comment