Friday, December 7, 2012

When Life Throws You a Curveball

I've been hit with a major bombshell.  Two days ago I had a plumbing emergency that had to be dealt with immediately.  Then yesterday I found out that it involves much more work than what was previously diagnosed.  Needless to say this problem is going to cost a lot of money.  Thankfully I qualified for a loan to take care of it.  I'd be lying if I were to say that I was not stressed.

All of us have had major stresses from time to time during our lives.  It's one of the trials that many of us go through.  I know that I've had my share of them.  Many of which I had to deal with on the spot without warning.  None were this costly though.  

In all of my books I write about how all of my main characters have some major ordeal in their lives that they have to adjust to.  In Enlightened Desire the main character is faced with something that they were reluctant in accepting.  Like my plumbing emergency, they too were forced to deal with the situation immediately the best that they could.  They were thrown into this new way of living which at the same time steered them into a new direction of their lives; one that was unknown and initially frightening.  It may have not cost them an arm and a leg in cash, but they still had no warning that it was going to happen.  

I'm not too sure what holds in the big picture for me about why I had to experience this unexpected event.  Maybe it's a way to let me know that I have some major past blocks that I'm  now ready to release.  I know that I've done a lot of growing this year so this would not surprise me.  Also I'm on the brink of some major changes that are going to occur next year. With this said I now have the opportunity to explore some things so that the transitions will be easier when the times come.  In addition I can emotionally prepare myself ahead of time.  

I have to say that I think that I'm over the sticker shock.  It was a hard pill to swallow, but now that  I've thought about it, I think I'm going to come out of all of this okay.  I already feel stronger.

Have an enjoyable day until next time.  

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yes! Life is full of curve balls just waiting to be thrown our way. We just have to walk around those obstacles and hurdles that life throws at us. Sometimes we are burdened by them, but we can't always go around them. It's part of every day life whether we like them or not. You need to remember to distress your problems! Don't keep it to yourself. It will just make you sick to death. The best advice is to meditate and release it to the Universe. Thanks for reminding us that we are only human.

    ReplyDelete