Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Getting into the Groove

Yesterday I just finished up with the latest changes for my manuscript for Enlightened Desire.  Now is the waiting process.  During this time I like to read the works of other GLBT authors.  I recently finished beta reading for a friend.   The plot is based on a true story whom the author knows.  The vibe of the main character is inviting and genuine.  I felt that I got to know them by the way the author described them.  I also liked the romance that is in the book.  I found the story very enjoyable.  It has given me a perspective that I really appreciate.  

I find that by reading other people's works I get to see the world through their eyes.  Currently I reading a really good book by Jon Michaelsen.  It is about a gay man who discovers something that soon becomes his obsession.  The question is how far is he willing to go to get it?

The story is very well written and Jon has painted a nice picture.  Also he's added character depth.  I've felt like I was right there next to the main character.  At times I had goosebumps as I was a bit awed at some of this man's actions.  There are scenes that are page turning.  This is definitely one you need to check out.  The book is called "False Evidence" and is available on Amazon.

I am always looking for new works in the GLBT genre to read.   In case you haven't noticed, I have a reading list at the side of this blog for you to check out.  All are really good stories that I really enjoyed reading.  I've always loved books and I am excited about this genre.  

All of you enjoy the moment and I'll be talking to you soon.

Until next time.....

Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment