Friday, July 26, 2013

Farewell is hard

Hi Everyone:


What a month it's been.  A lot of shifts happened.  Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to our 10 year old silver dollar fish.  This buddy has moved with me several times.  He was like the pit bull of fish.  We buried him out on the garden.  His soul is still with us.







Saying goodbye can be tough especially how attached you were to the departed.  A subject that has been on my mind has been what would happen if I had a character die.  Like the fish, I love my characters.  I have a future character where I'm debating what to do.  Fortunately, I have time to decide.

To me death is not the end; it is a transition.  Where we go after we depart is unknown.  I'm not sure myself.  I do believe that the soul lives on.  Others have told me that there is white light.   Whatever it is, my little fishy is out there.

Today is another day for life to go on.  I'm looking at what I do have, as opposed to what is now gone.  I have a wonderful book that is still being edited.  Speaking of which, I guess one of the reasons why this is taking so long is because once it's out, it's out.  I cannot do anymore rewrites or have beta readers look at it.   It will be in the hands of you all.  Also I have my 3 other fishes and my cats.  On top of that is my lovely partner.

Well, I say my final farewell to my little buddy.  I want to thank him for being a part of my life.  He was special.  I never thought that when I got him that he would live past 10.  He watched me as I spent hundreds of hours writing.  

Lynn






3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, Lynn. I think it says something wonderful about you that you were willing and able to invest such love in a fellow creature that most people would see as not "communicative."

    And best of luck letting go of the book, allowing it to start its new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read your book is it out yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica. Thanks for inquiring. I am currently doing the last of the fine tuning, so hang in. I'm shooting for and October release. I'll keep you updated.

      Delete