Monday, September 23, 2013

Meet Jalpa Williby


Hello everyone, today I have a special guest blogger, Jalpa Williby who will be discussing her novel, Chaysing Dreams.





      "His disgusting words against my mouth are making me feel like I’m going to vomit. As I struggle and moan in pain, I start to cry. Is he going to kill me after this horrible ordeal is over? When I feel him trying to get my panties out of the way, I know it’s over. I know that I’m just a helpless victim and he’s going to have his way with me. I remember thinking about all of the advice my dad had given me about safety. I’m sorry, Daddy, I made bad choices tonight."

            "“I’m about to rock your world, baby! Hell yeah, you are so hot. And I’m so fucking turned on!” He continues his filthy words against my mouth as he brutally keeps trying to kiss me. By now, I feel defeated. There is nothing I can do to get out of this nightmare. There is nothing left in me. I’m crying and I start shaking like a helpless prey cornered by the evil predator. My body goes limp as I prepare for the inevitable."





Jalpa Williby was born in India.  At the age of eight, she immigrated to the U.S.  Jalpa has always been a voracious reader, including A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.      As a teen she excelled in school and after graduation went on to the University of Illinois, where she graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree.  After that she went to Northwestern University where she got her Masters in Physical Therapy.  In her field she helped children and adults with neurological impairments.  Her dedicated efforts are well appreciated by her patients and she is close with them.  She received several recognitions for her excellent work, including "Keep Improving Through Excellence" and "You Caught My Eye."

Jalpa started writing because she is expressive.  She communicates her emotions in her writing and she has found it to be very therapeutic.  She has a big heart and it is felt on each page of her story, as she writes from her heart and soul.  

Jalpa keeps herself busy by juggling her time working, as a wife, and mother to her children.  Chaysing Dreams is Jalpa's debut novel.  



Life…secrecy, deceit, danger…No, no! Run, escape!

“Run!” Her inner voice is shouting. She has to run faster! She’s about to get caught! No, no! She has to get away. Please, she must escape!
“Run faster!”


     What is the plot of Chaysing Dreams?  What does the story mean to you? 

     Chaysing Dreams is about a young girl, Tess, who seems to be perfect- almost too perfect. She has many unexplained occurrences in her life. As she grows up, not only does she have to put the puzzles in her life together, but she also has to deal with the hard lessons of life. Through all this, she falls hard for the “bad boy” who may be her worst enemy. For me, Chaysing Dreams is a beautiful love story, a story about unconditional friendships, family bonds, perseverance, and the ultimate sacrifice for the one you love.


2    Did you do any types of writing while you were in school?  If so did you receive any awards or recognition for your work? 
      I took many Honors English and World Literature Classes.  Outside of writing for the specific classes, I’ve written songs and poems (more for personal reasons). I never submitted any of this work- just gave it to the person the songs and the poems were intended for. To be honest, I couldn’t ask for a better recognition than the smiles on their faces.


          Was there anyone, in your life who was an inspiration for you to write?  If so what did they do?  
      Well, out of all of my immediate friends and family, I’m the writer. But my sister and couple of my friends really inspired me to publish Chaysing Dreams after they read the original manuscript. Initially, I wasn’t sure if I was going to pursue it further. But once they read it, they gave me the push that I needed to follow through with it.


           Do you have words of wisdom about writing that you want to pass on to novelists and writers out there who are starting out? 
      I think if you’re going to write, put your heart and soul into it. Don’t hold yourself back. And I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to try to reach perfection. Your name is going on it, so make sure you’re satisfied with the results.


       What should readers walk away from your books knowing? How should they feel? “There will always be ups and downs, twists and turns in our lives. But we have to find the strength to keep moving forward. The past is done, it’s over, and you can’t change it. You can hold on to your memories and learn from them. Look at what’s in front of you, focus on your vision, and run toward it! Because when it’s all said and done, only you are in charge of your strength, your peace, and your happiness.” – Tess, during her speech.

I think this is good to know for all of us an important reminder. How should my readers feel? I think there will be tears, laughter, fear, and lastly, the feeling of that intense love- the kind you feel with your soul mate.


            Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?  
      Thank you so much for reading Chaysing Dreams. I do hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. And don’t worry- I’m working on the sequel as we speak. Tess’s saga will continue!


          What other authors do you follow? 
     I’ve enjoyed Richelle Mead’s work. I also like Suzanne Collins and Khaled Hosseini.


           What has been your favorite part of being an author?  The least fave? 
    I enjoy writing the story and creating my characters. I have a problem of getting attached to fictional characters- and I’m definitely attached to all of them in Chaysing Dreams. I enjoy meeting other authors and supporters. And I absolutely LOVE the reactions of my readers once they finish the book! 

     The least fave? It’s a lot of work and it takes away time from being with my family. There’s so much to do for marketing; most of the time, I have no idea what I’m doing. But hey, I’m slowly learning.


      What has been the strangest thing a reader has asked you?  I’ve had readers predict what’s going to happen in the sequel. I’ve also had readers ask how I published the book since this is my first experience as an author. But a question that always surprises me, is how did I write the book so fast. I’ve been writing Chaysing Dreams for a year and a half, every single day. To me, that’s a long time.


          What is in the works next for you, or is it a secret?  
     Chaysing Dreams is the first of a trilogy. I am currently working on the sequel.




1   Review by Readers’ Favorite- 
    They had three different reviewers review Chaysing Dreams.  All three rated it at 5 stars and Jalpa earned the Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal from them. Follow the link below for an awesome review!:




Below is Chameleon's Review of Chaysing Dreams that is on Amazon:

"This was a really good read. The author has a great imagination, but more importantly, the ability to lay the story out in a solid way that never let's it get bogged down in descriptive text that doesn't add to the story. Tess, the main character, is a loveable young woman. She's bright and athletic, has a great family, and a good life. The author rounded her out so well, that you can literally see her as a real person. Her volunteer work at The Angels, and interactions there, are touching. Seeing her grow up before your eyes is also done so seemlessly. There was no jumping around, it just flowed perfectly."

"The supporting charatcers are perfect, here, they don't get in the way with unecessary information. They carry out their supporting roles perfectly, but you know enough about them that you really like them, and appreciate the love they have for their friend, Tess, and each other. I don't want to give too much away, but I will say the main male character is a hottie, and very...energetic! As mysterious as he is, you get such a sense of him from the author that you know him just as well. His motives, however, are suspect, and this gives you cause to keep a suspicious eye on him. For me, he was the whole source of the suspense."

"This book does exactly what a good book should: you smile alot, all the while the suspense is building- delicately, at first, and you find yourself trying to second guess the story, but you wont figure it out, and thats what makes the ending even better, and all the more shocking! I can see where there would be room for a sequel here, and I really hope she writes it. The story is so well told, and the characters so engaging and interesting that I wouldn't mind seeing this come full circle!"

"A good read for all ages, but I think it will be particularly loved by the YA crowd, they will be able to connect with Tess on an even more intimate level, and so much of her life will resonate soundly for them."



As long as Tess Sanoby can remember, she has always had the same nightmares, where the girl in her dreams is running for her life with an unknown force chasing her. Each time, right before the girl is caught, Tess awakens, shaken with fear and confusion. Who is the girl? What do these dreams mean?

Getting through the growing pains of high school with her best friends Jack and Kylie, and then being accepted into her dream college, Tess is excited to start her life of independence. There, she meets the mysterious trainer and mentor, Chris, and she instantly feels a strong connection with him. Unfortunately, Chris wants nothing to do with her. Although Chris continues to give her the cold shoulder, his overprotectiveness and the occasional slips of sensitivity confuse Tess. Not understanding Chris or their relationship, she is on a constant emotional roller coaster with him. Could her best friends be the stable force that she desperately needs? 

Unfortunately for Tess, the more she tries to connect the missing pieces of her life, the more obscure her past and future appear to her. To make matters worse, she realizes she has fallen hard for a man who may be her worst enemy. As passion ignites between the two, she can’t help but surrender her heart and soul to him.

Tess is unexpectedly exposed to a world of secrecy, deceit, and danger, causing her to be running for her life, chased by the unknown. Can Tess escape and save not only herself, but also her loved ones? Or, will she be caught, leaving her no choice but to face her worst nightmare?

Chaysing Dreams is the ultimate love story, full of suspense, friendship, betrayal, tragedy, and sacrifice. In this epic tale, you will laugh and cry with Tess--a story full of twists and turns, keeping you guessing until the end.



I want to thank Jalpa for being on my blog today.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Chaysing Dreams and I know you will too.  To read more about Jalpa, check out her links below:




Printed with Permission


No comments:

Post a Comment