Monday, October 28, 2013

Enlightened Desire is Hot!


Good morning everyone.  This October I have been rooting for the Dodgers, yet they just could not outwit the Cards.  I was really hoping for a Dodgers - Tigers World series.  Maybe next year.  For this year I'm hoping for a Red Sox win!  I love baseball and am not missing the World Series for anything.

I am getting closer to finishing the editing with my novel, Enlightened Desire.  I am expecting a Christmas release and will keep you posted on my progress.  So far it's really good.

The story is about a woman who thinks she has everything in her life figured out until she encounters a bizarre event that tells her otherwise.  Oddities suddenly become realities.  She is unable to hide from anything anymore.  Her truths are hitting her in the face.  Then there is the red hot lover who has her own agenda.  And there is the other lover who is causing havoc.  If you're looking for romance, this is the book to read.  

My main character, Jackie, loves red roses.  Unfortunately she does not have a garden to grow them in.  Instead she gets long stemmed roses from the store.  Still nice, but nothing like the real plant.  This year we planted red Olympiad roses outside our front door to remind me of Jackie.  Both of us love the sweet smell of them.  






Roses are a very powerful plant and have been adorned since the beginning of time.  The scent alone helps bring balance and peace.  It is no wonder why it is such a popular scent for perfumes.  Some say, and I agree, that it is a spiritually evolved species.  All I know is that I feel more grounded when I am in the presence of them.

Red symbolizes love and romance, but it can also symbolize fire and sex.  Red satin sheets hit on all of these and are perfect when trying to entice a new lover.  It's no surprise that red is the most popular rose on Valentine's day.  Red also represents excitement.  Many of my characters are dressed in such attire as a red pleather teddy.  Team this with some candles, incense, some sparkling cider and classical music and you have the start of a romantic evening.

My character, Jackie, is sex crazed but loves romance.  She enjoys preparing her love nest for her lover.  She loves rose scented candles and sprays the sheets with rose mist.  In the background is some romantic music playing.  The ambience is sexy and lasting.  

I will be updating you about Jackie and Enlightened Desire in the upcoming weeks.  In the mean while here is an excerpt from Enlightened Desire:



A moment later Jackie heard a voice in the background which startled her. “Hey there.”

Jackie looked up and felt her heart stop.  Leaning into her was the face of the young woman in the red strapless sequined dress.  She widened her brown eyes and whispered, “You look as bored as I am.  How would you like to have some fun?”

“And what might that be?”

“Well, why don’t I show you?”  

The woman reached out for Jackie’s hand.  Jackie stood up and the woman led her through the crowd and into the house.  They passed through a few rooms until they came to a vestibule off of the family room.  At the far end was a door.  The woman opened it and Jackie followed her into the blackness.


Jackie felt her arm being pulled so she followed the woman in the dark.  Jackie was on a high and ready to go.  This was a dangerous act and both of them risked getting caught.  Jackie did not care.  She was feeling daring and her body was craving this woman.



I will also be posting more excerpts from Enlightened Desire in the upcoming weeks.  Next week I will be featuring Penelope Syn as she discusses her latest work, including The Family Friend.  If you love romance, you will be pleasantly pleased.


Before you go check out my link:



I look forward to seeing you all next week.






1 comment: