Monday, October 7, 2013

Meet James Gordon aka GPA


Today I have a special guest, James Gordon, the author of Revenge of the Orgasm, which he is going to discuss.

"Revenge of the Orgasm is the book for sensual Poetry. It is sensual without the crass language that typically accompanies books of erotica. And this book isn't just a smattering of poems about sex and such. These are stories that are told with great detail. Even if you are not a fan of Poetry or sensual Poetry, you will enjoy Revenge of the Orgasm."
James Gordon, Greatest Poet Alive








When was GPA born.  When did you realize that you were meant to be a poet?  What was going on at the time?
G.P.A. was actually born in 2004 at a wedding I was to recite a poem at. When I left the poem, I did it from the top of my head. After that, I said,”I’m the Greatest Poet Alive.” 

In 2007, I realized I was meant to be a Poet when God spoke to me and said to do so.  At the time, I was incarcerated for tax fraud and began writing poems for fellow inmates.


What is “Revenge of the Orgasm about and what does it mean to you? 

Revenge of the Orgasm is my expose of my own carnal and intimate adventures. It is my story but represents experiences that everyone has experienced of both an intimate and sexual nature.


Does anything about the story or a character relate to an experience you had? Everything in this story relates to me and my "personal" experiences.

Did you do any types of writing while you were in school.  If so did you receive any awards or recognition for your work?

I just wrote rhyming couplets and called them poems. But there weren’t any awards or anything like that.

Was there anyone, in your life who was an inspiration for you to write.   If so what did they do?
I always admired Langston Hughes because he had a witty and brief style. My father told me to
always carry something to write with and on, and my departed friend, Elwood Pegram said to pursue writing.


Do you have words of wisdom about writing that you want to pass on to novelists and writers out there who are starting out? 
Have your on style, but it is fine to incorporate strategies of those who have been successful. But write what you want to write.

What should readers walk away from your books knowing? How should they feel?
Readers shoud feel the passion in my poems and the care with which I treat them. Whatever I am portraying, they should feel aroused from Revenge of the Orgasm. And they should walk away knowing that I am in the conversation of being one of the best Poets ever.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
Stay with me. The best is yet to come, so stay with me. I am going to continue to justify your faith and support.
What other authors do you follow? 
Kottyn Campbell, Treasure Blue, and Carl Weber.
What has been your favorite part of being an author? 
My favourite part of being an author is being called one. Everyone cannot say that. My least favourite is the fact that because I write books of Poetry, I am constantly fighting for my place and respect. You know what? I like that too.
What has been the strangest thing a reader has asked you? 
Am I single?

What is in the works next for you, or is it a secret? 
GPApocalypse Forever is next That is my Poetry cd. And it is going to steal the show. Or did I do that with Revenge of the Orgasm?
Here is an excerpt from Revenge of the Orgasm:
Comfortable 
unfastened at the red light.
pulled through blouse at stop sign.
parked car, rolled up into a ball, and deposited in purse.
girls roam freely as she drives.
comfortable she is now.
Fortunate am I to have witness.

In Sept 2013 GPA entered a talent search contest in Urban Image Magazine for "Revenge of the Orgasm." He came in first place. Below is the link to his performance so check it out:


I want to thank James for stopping by and spending time with us. For more information about James, check out his links below:

Website: www.iblowyourmind.net
Reverbnation: greatestpoetalive Greatest Poet Alive

Facebook: G.P.A(Greatest Poet Alive) James' Facebook Page



Come check out my webpage and like me on Facebook:





Don't forget to subscribe to my blog.


Printed With Permission


3 comments:

  1. Great Post. Always love hearing about G.P.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent & I've seen videos of James Gordon a.k.a. Greatest Poet Alive and his telling of his poetry really brings it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book and was very impressed. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete