Monday, October 21, 2013

Meet Willow Brooke

Good morning:  Today's featured author is Willow Brookeauthor of Rush Against Time.  She is here to speak more about what she is up to as well as her book.  Get ready for a ride.


"fate and destiny brought us together, 
fate and destiny can make it work."




First off, I want to thank you so much for having me!  It was an honor being asked to guest.  Super hugs!
  


     Your story has an interesting plot.  Can you tell us about it?

With Rush Against Time, I wanted to add different and unique ideas and features to bring something new to the paranormal world.  I started with a simple shifter girl who instead of being all about sex was the opposite.  Jessa went into her first heat, and fought it.  While other shifters went out and had multiple sexual partners during this time of the year, Jessa refused and instead wanted to save her virginity for her fated mate.  She soon becomes ill from it, and is left at the mercy of a vampire and two wolf shifters.  With an evil demonic premonition set on killing her, time is running out in more ways than one. 



     What traits were you looking for when you were creating the main character for this story?

For this story I wanted a stubborn, witty, strong willed girl.  A lot of the time my female characters tend to fall on the more vulnerable side.  Jessa was created to say and do things that others just wish they could. 



      Did you do any type of writing while you were in school.  If so did you receive any awards or recognition for your work?

I did!  From an early age, I have always been a writer.  I was put in creative writing classes after school through grade school, and programs through high school as well.  When I was twelve, my grandmother entered a poem I had written into an adult contest via the mail.  The winner was to be published and get a check for a hundred bucks.  About six months later, the check came in the mail with a copy of the poem collections- with my name and age amongst the pages.  It was the coolest thing in the world back then, and the candy and baby doll I got out of the money was the most cherished ever.  In high school, I was too shy to enter into contests.  I did manage to get every essay question correct on tests because I would write so much information in that the teacher would get tired of reading and give it to me. ;)



      Was there anyone, in your life who was an inspiration for you to write.   If so what did they do? 

      I embarked into the writing world flying solo, with an encouraging husband who supported but didn’t expect. This was the first thing ever that I have wanted to do for myself.  Everything else I do is for my kids or husband, or others. 
     


      Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Can you elaborate on what has worked for you.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  Readers are what keeps my drive to better and grow as an author, and stick to it!  I have learned that attempting a set outline is impossible to stick to.  Instead, I get a few solid main plots and ideas to flow off of and set my muse free to fly with it. 



      What do you like to do when you are not writing?

I have a lot of hobbies I haven’t had time to dottle in much, but spending time with the kids and hubby is always at the top of my list.  I crochet, tattoo, sew, bake, love to go fishing and hiking, and of course reading is at the top of my favorite things to do!



      What has been your favorite part of being an author?  The least fave?

My favorite part has been meeting all of the fabulous writers and readers hands down.  My least favorite has been the negativity that goes with the business.  That being said, it even has positive points.  Without the negativity of reviews and opinions of others, there would be no outline to grow from and learn ‘what not to be like’. 



      What has been the strangest thing a reader has asked you?

I had a very ‘revealing’ fan email me a few x rated pictures and requests with threats if I didn’t respond.  Needless to say, it went straight in the trash folder. 



      What is in the works next for you, or is it a secret?

I am currently working on a new military series, and hope to have it out soon!  Details to come…



Below is a 5 Star review that was posted on Amazon:

Format:Kindle Edition
"WOW is about all I can say. This is a new author and I got tuned into her by another author, and I must say I am glad I did. This book kept me on my toes, and I loved every minute of it! The characters drew you in and I am officially a Willow Brooke fan. Jessa and her three smoking hot men take us on a twisted turn and it was exciting to read it all! I highly recommend this book to everyone!"


Below is an excerpt from Rush Against Time:


When Damion got back to the table and distributed the drinks, his eyes went wide.  “Wow, easy, Jess.  I am hungry, but that is a ton of food.”

“No, let her go, Damion.  She has a system.”  Logan smiled at her, showing appreciation to the insane methods of Chinese food eating. 

Damion held up his hands in surrender, glancing at Jessa while she still piled the plates into heaping mountains of sodium. 

“There.  Now soak it all with soy sauce.  Make a good little river around the volcano, and chow down.  I promise it is the best in the world.”  Proud of her three artistically organized plates, she sat down and grabbed her fork, waiting for the boys to follow.  Just before she got the first bite to her mouth, a voice caught her attention and stopped her dead in her tracks.

“Yum.  I smell Chinese food…I hope it was delivery.  I could go for an Asian tonight.”  Gavin stepped off the last step, slowly sauntering over to the table.  Both Logan and Damion jumped up, almost knocking their plates over.  Jessa stood too, putting a hand on each of their arms to keep them in place.  “Sit.  Down.  Now.”  Her tone was sharp, making both men look first at each other before they took their chairs. 

“No, and if you want to remain in this house, you will be more than willing to drink the supply that is in the fridge instead of getting it fresh.”  Damion’s warning wasn’t taken seriously by the now grinning Gavin.  Jessa could feel the tension thickening, and prepared for the worst.  The overly testosterone fueled group all arched up, fluffing like a bunch of colorful peacocks. 

“Nah, I was just joking.  I have my fresh little meal right there.  I will be able to taste the Chinese through her blood.  Be sure and eat the cookie, baby.”  Gavin leaned casually against the doorframe, grinning like a Cheshire cat. 

Damion jumped up and closed the distance in two humongous steps with Logan fast on his heels, stopping right in Gavin’s face.  “You listen to me, you nasty fuck, you suck one drop from her and I will make you a shish-kabob in the morning, understand?” 

Gavin stepped forward, standing toe to toe with him.  “You don’t seem to understand, mutt.  We are mated.  I drink from her—she drinks from me.  That is how it works.”

“She doesn’t drink blood from anyone!  She is a shifter, not a bloodsucker.  You must be confused, Iceman.”  Logan scooted up beside Damion, standing shoulder to shoulder with him against Gavin.

“You guys, stop it now!” Jessa yelled, walking up to stand in between the square off. 

“Jessa, go back and eat your dinner.  This is between him and us.” 

Damion’s growl pissed her off.  She stepped back, letting the agitation of being dismissed and the stupidity of their man-off shake her wolf.  In one leap, she shifted, snarling and growling her warning.  All three turned, looking shocked and unsure as to how to handle the situation.  Her ears flattened and her teeth snarled, giving them warning. 

“I think our little princess is a bit pissed off, boys.”  Logan stepped slowly backward, easing his way toward the door. 

“I do believe you are right, Logan.  Help me get her outside.  I would rather not owe Autumn our paychecks for the next two years to cover remodeling charges.”  He put his hands up in a defensive posture, working his way behind Logan. 

“You two aren’t wolves.  You are more like little pussy cats,” Gavin mocked, snarking at them both. 

“Oh, don’t worry, asshole.  This isn’t over,” Damion warned, easing farther and farther backward through the room.  Once he reached the door, he stepped out across the porch and stumbled going down the steps.  Jessa stalked them both, growling and snarling with her hackles raised. 
“Ooooh, baby girl, you have no idea what you just earned yourself.  Your little ass is mine tonight.  Calm down now, so we can go finish our dinner.”  His commanding, condescending tone pissed her off more, making her bark and snap in his direction.

 Logan was stripping off his shirt, preparing to shift and try to out ‘wolf’ her.  Just like a damn man.  He thinks his wolf is stronger?  He may be bigger and stronger in human form, but my wolf is a bad, bad bitch.  He has no idea what the hell he is about to step in.  She began barking viciously at them, standing her ground and wanting them both to know that she wouldn’t stand for this stupid competition shit.  This is her happily ever after, damn it, and they aren’t gonna fuck it up. 



I want to give a warm thank you to Willow for being here today.  For more info, including her book purchase link, check out her links below:


Purchase Rush Against Time





Come check out my webpage and like me on Facebook:


Printed with Permission









No comments:

Post a Comment