Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Meet Veronica Lyons

Hello and good morning to you all!  All is going spectacular on my end.  Today I have a special treat for all of you romance lovers.  I have  Veronica Lyons, author of Punk Princesses here to discuss her book.  Enjoy.








      What is your story about?

This is a hot, fun story about a punk rocker chick band. The main character, Sadie, auditions for The Sirens, a new and upcoming band in Atlanta. Although she has a shy deminor and has only performed for Christian/Country groups, she lands a spot in the band and ventures into a world filled with music, VIP parties, drugs, money, and steamy band mate romance. The leader of the band, Rhea, can’t get Sadie’s gifted musical ability and beautiful looks out of her head. She knows that it’s wrong to get involved intimately with band mates because it often destroys the band. She knows she can get any man or woman she wants, and struggles to control herself as she hangs out with her newest addition.


      What traits were you looking for when you were creating the main character for this story?

I was looking for a character who was quiet and reserved, but had a wild side deep down. This wild side is expressed through Sadie’s gifted ability to rock out on guitar. I also wanted a female character who was interested in women, but not sure if it was ‘proper’ to experiment with those feelings. This is a coming of age novel, in certain ways.


      Did you do any types of writing while you were in school.  If so did you receive any awards or recognition for your work?

I wrote short stories, but they were mostly for myself. They covered topics from horror to science fiction.


     Was there anyone, in your life who was an inspiration for you to write.   If so what did they do?

I myself play guitar and piano as well as performed in a band. That is how I can create the sense of what it is like to travel and tour with a real rock band.


      Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?  Can you elaborate on what has worked for you.

It is very important for me to connect and talk to my fans and readers. I want to know what they really think of my work, the good, bad, and ugly. Also, I want to know what they really want to read and why types of stories they love. They can email me anytime at veronica@veronicalyons.com or connect with me on Twitter @veronicalyons19.



     What do you like to do when you are not writing?

I enjoy keeping in shape as well as hanging out at Starbucks sipping my favorite iced coffee mocha.


      What has been your favorite part of being an author?  The least fave?

I enjoy coming up with stories and characters. The worst part is the editing and marketing of the book. After I write something, I would rather jump right into the next story.


      What has been the strangest thing a reader has asked you?

A fan recently asked if they could author an erotic scene together with me.


      If you were to include FAQ on your website, what would one of them be?

Is there a way for me to get free previews of works? The answer is yes, just subscribe to my email list and you can get freebies.


     What is in the works next for you?

I am writing another punk rock princesses book titled Lexi Does Dallas the follows the character Lexi.  It will be available on Amazon soon.


      I want to thank Veronica for stopping by today.  For more about her please check out her links below:


V
      Veronica's Twitter:
      @veronicalyons19




Stay tuned for my review of Punk Princesses.  I will be posting it next week.  



Before you go come check out my webpage and like me on Facebook:






Printed With Permission

No comments:

Post a Comment