Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy Holidays

Good morning everyone!  I really love this holiday season.  Ever since I could remember, Christmas has always been a happy time for me.  I always bugged my mom to let us put up our tree early in December.   But Mom held to her guns and told us not until just before Christmas.  Now as an adult I get to put up my Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving day if I choose too.  This year we did just that.  It was fun and the little tree looks all cute lit up.  I can curl up on the couch with a book.  I just finished Landslide by Diane Marina.   Check out my review down below.

I love baking.  My faves for this time of year are pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. Although I prefer to use pie pumpkins, I do use canned on occasion.  I'd like to share with you a recipe that I like to make for my family:





Lynn's Vegan Pumpkin Bread

1/2 cup butter
1 3/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
1 can pumpkin 
1 TBsp egg replacer (such as EnerG Egg Replacer)***
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (most grocery stores carry this in their baking aisle).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix egg replacer with 2 TBsp warm water and stir.

Mix butter, sugar, and egg replacer with a hand mixer until creamy and smooth.  Mix in rest of ingredients.  Mix until smooth.

Butter up a 9 x 5 inch pan and pour mixture so that the pan. This will fit in one pan. Note: The little one is for show only.

Bake for 1 hour.  Use a knife to check the center.  When it is done the knife should come out clean.

Cool and enjoy.  This goes good with a nice cup of coffee.


*** The non vegan version uses 1 large egg.  


I'd like to share with you my review of  Landslide by Diane Marina.






Landslide is an enchanting love story between Michelle and Rachel.  I have to say that I was a little prejudice about these names since I really like them.  This in itself was an attention grabber for me.  What really got my attention was that right away the lovers engage in their dance of love.  I felt the author described it in such a way that I could feel the chemistry between them an it was romantic.  You could tell that they were in love with each other.  It is tasteful yet hot.  The characters were real and I could relate to them.

Throughout the story Michelle holds a secret from Rachel.  The question is how is Rachel going to react when she finds out.   The author did an excellent job in keeping me in the dark about this.

Although the story is short, I felt that the author painted a complete picture.  I really loved the story and recommend it to all romance lovers.  Five stars.



Here is the Amazon link for my review:




Happy Holidays!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment