Monday, February 17, 2014

Kimberly Knight's Tattooed Dots Blog Tour

Hello everyone.  I am happy to be featuring Amazon best seller Kimberly Knight today.  She is the author of the new seductive novel, Tattooed Dots.   She lives in the Bay area of California with her husband and cat.  Her books are romance and erotic fiction.  When she is not writing she enjoys playing computer games, watching reality shows, and playing co-ed slow pitch softball in a local league.  Also she is a fan of the San Francisco Giants and the San Jose Sharks.  















What inspired you to write Tattooed Dots and why?
Fans always ask and want to know why we write the books that we do. I can’t speak for every author, but I wanted to tell you why I wrote Tattooed Dots and why it holds a special place in my heart.
Some authors, especially me, write what they know. It’s easy. I never thought that I had an exciting life, but as I’ve written my current books, parts of me have appeared in the stories. Like for example in Where I Need to Be  book one for my B&S Series, there is a scene where Spencer texted her friend Ryan that there was a hot guy on the treadmill next to her and she says, “OMFG, I have my very own Gideon Cross at the gym. Hot guy running on the treadmill next to me! :) ”. I actually did that with one of my friends.

Tattooed Dots is different though. If you’re friends with me on Facebook, you might know that I had a tumor removed March 1, 2013 and went through radiation in June 2013.

I got the idea for Tattooed Dots when I was laying on the table undergoing one of my radiation treatments. As you can imagine, radiation wasn’t easy. Radiation doesn’t physically hurt during the treatment, but laying on a table for twenty minutes a day (sometimes longer if they can’t line you up correctly) with your breasts pointing to the ceiling while male technicians administered the dosages—sucks! It was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life.
I don’t want to spoil the book for you. There is way more to the story. When I started writing it, it was supposed to be a standalone, but the characters just kept wanting me to write their story and there was no way I could fit everything in one book.
I’m really excited for you to read Tattooed Dots! While writing it, my beta readers and I picked muses for Brooke and Easton. For Brooke, we picked Jenna Tatum and for Easton we chose Robert Buckley. Man…that guy’s body! Mmmmm!!! You can check out my inspirational pins on my Pinterest board if you like.
So, now you know. Tattooed Dots is more than a story for me—it’s actually a part of me.

Tattooed Dots is part of a series.  Can you elaborate more on that?


When I first started, I planned for TD to be a standalone, but the more I wrote, the more the characters evolved and it came to the point where I knew that I couldn’t fit everything into one book.
There is more of Brooke and Easton’s story that needs to be written, like Brooke’s issue with her mother for example. Book two, will be Avery and Nicole’s story and then book three will be Brooke and Easton’s.

I’m not sure when everything will be released, but to make sure that you’re aware of my release dates, please subscribe to either my blog, newsletter or both. You can find the links on my website at www.authorkimberlyknight.com. You can also follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuthorKKnight.



Before you go on, here is Kimberly's book trailer for Tattooed Dots.  You don't want to miss this one:




And you don't want to miss Kimberly's Pinterest page.  Here she goes into more detail about her main character in Tattooed Dots:







Now for an exciting teaser from Tattooed Dots:





Easton Crawford put his modeling career and good looks before his marriage until it was over. Years later, he is finally learning how to be the father his daughter needed him to be. Hes not looking for a new mom for his daughterjust nightly casual hook-ups. When his best friend, Avery, convinces him that a good way to meet a lot of single women is to go on a singles cruise, Easton finds more than just a hook-up when he meets a fellow cruiser, Brooke.



Brooke Bradley has taken care of her younger sister, Bailee, for most of their lives. While their mother was enjoying not being a mother, Brooke became the adult in the household at thirteen. She had always taken care of the people in her life, especially her boyfriend, Jared. If it wasnt for Brooke, Jared wouldnt know how to function throughout the day.


When Brookes best friend, Nicole, gives her a gift of going on a cruise without telling her that its a singles cruise, will Brooke find someone willing to be her constant and finally leave Jared?

Brooke and Easton learn that people are brought into their lives for many reasons. Over time, they find out what those reasons are. Some are to be a temporary acquaintance while others are there for life.

What will Easton do when he meets Brooke and realizes that she is someone that is meant to be in his life forever, especially after Brooke has an unexpected surgery and Easton is scared of losing her forever?


Tattooed Dots has been receiving rave reviews on Amazon.  Here is one of her 5-star reviews:


5.0 out of 5 stars
 Such a heart warming love story February 12, 2014
By dbl-l
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
What can I say Kimberly knocked it out of the park with this one. When I found out she was writing another book I thought how could she top Brandon & Spencer, but she did. Easton & Brooke's story is all about second chances and boy did they both deserve it. I hated E at the beginning but fell in love with him so fast such a broken sole that needed fixing. Their journey to find happiness is such a emotional struggle you will hate what E has done in the past to shape who he is today, but that one chance he took made him who he is now. Brooke such a sad person trying to move forward day to day just goes with the flow type of girl. The once chance meeting led to true happiness has its ups and downs its not always pretty or hearts and flowers but the way Kimberly wrote the story has you feeling that you are right there with them. I laughed and cried wanted to throw my kindle at times but it was so worth it..... Great story and I can't wait until the next book..


And Now:
I'd like to take a few minutes to share my review of Tattooed Dots.   I have experienced an array of emotions from the two main characters, Brooke and Easton throughout the entire story.  Easton is a guy who is experienced with the ladies.  At the same time he has a soft side that caused me to shed tears.  He has a tender heart and love for his young daughter.  

Brooke is living with a guy who is basically absent, even when he's at home. Even though Brooke is committed to him, she is young and wants to experience life.   At the same time I felt the pain in her heart.  Also I felt anger at her boyfriend for treating her this way.

Both Easton and Brooke get arm twisted to go on a singles cruise with their friends.  Basically it was to please their friends.  But things change once they got onto the cruise. When Easton and Brooke meet, I could feel the chemistry between them.  It was love at first sight and I felt Brooke's feelings as she reminisced about the moment where they met!   

The story grabbed my attention from the first page.  I have to admit that it has been some time since a book made me cry tears of happiness.  The author was so descriptive that I felt like I was with Easton and Brooke.  Also I loved how the story has two points of view.  This to me makes the story more dynamic.  I felt like I was right there witnessing the story!  At times I wanted to scream out at the characters and at other times I was cheering for them.

Like I just mentioned, I really enjoyed this story.  It had me glued at times.   If you love romance, choose Tattooed Dots.  I'm telling you, the chemistry is hot!  What I love about the book is that it has an exciting plot in addition to the steamy romance.  I am looking forward to reading more from Kimberly.

Thanks for checking by.  I want to thank Kimberly for spending some time here today.  Before you go, take a few moments to check out Kimberly's links:

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete