Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review for Awake Unto Me by Kathleen Knowles


Hello and welcome everyone.  Recently I finished this book and have posted the review on Amazon.   I featured Kathleen a few weeks back here in the blog where you can read more about her.  This book is one you don't want to miss!

This story had an interesting feel to it.  The first thing I liked was the time frame.  It was set in the early 20th century and tells the story of two women, Kerry and Beth, who come from completely different backgrounds.   The pain that the two women share is the same.  They both experienced abuse in their childhood that left deep scars.  Both women are desperate to find love, but are afraid to show their true feelings.  I felt the feelings of both women as I read.  I could relate to Beth.

The women share a common friend who encourages them to have a friendship.  At the same time he is the glue that holds everyone together, as his wife despises both women.   Here I felt this woman’s jealousy over both Beth and Kerry.  The vibe was very intense during these scenes.

I loved how the romance was built over the course of the story.  The sex is incredible.   I could feel the chemistry between the lovers as well as their love for each other.  I love stories that have an awesome plot with a strong romance.
 
I loved how the author developed the characters.  They were both complex women with feelings, intellect, and soulful.  Despite the time frame, both women were able to get really good jobs in industries that were dominated by men.  Both, too, were respected for their work!   One woman was even encouraged to continue with her studies.  I give these women kudos again for all of this.  These two women have given me inspiration to never give up on my dreams as anything is possible, despite the outside circumstances.

This book was phenomenal and is very heartwarming.  I recommend that you add  
Awake Unto Me to your reading list.  Five stars.

Here is the link to Amazon:




Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will have other reviews from Suzie Carr and D. K. Linda.  Until next time.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment