Friday, August 8, 2014

My Happy After Review


Good morning everyone and thanks for stopping by.  I have a real treat for you today.  I just read this incredible book and really enjoyed it.  I know you will too.









"My Happy After" by D.K. Linda is about two lovely and intelligent women, Talia and Michelle, who meet in a bookstore.  From the moment their eyes meet, they know they’ve found “the one” and they both know it’s going to be lasting.  There was never a doubt in their minds.  Michelle makes Talia’s heart strings “zing”.  Both are both strong women who have a zest for life.  They are also very compassionate, especially with each other.  They’re on the same wavelength and finish each other's sentences, that’s how well they know each other.



I loved the romance scenes, as they were hot and intense.  The language was fluid and the chemistry between them was addicting.  The author described these scenes in such a beautiful and passionate way that I could feel the love of both women, as well as the love they had for each other.  This is a real love story and it’s not just about the sex.  This story portrays how a lasting love can be.



The entire story evoked emotions in me and I believe that good storytelling involves a reader experiencing hard emotions.  I laughed and at times, I cried.  I truly felt it when the main character came out of the closet to her father.  I could feel the desire for her father's acceptance, yet she wasn't getting it.  Instead of pleasing her father, she stood up for herself and lived her life in her truth.  I had a similar experience when I came out to my father.  I am glad that this character loved herself so much that she didn’t try to live the life her father wanted for her just to please him.



I really enjoyed this book as it spoke to me.  It’s a short read that can be finished in a couple of hours.  It’s fast, but not so fast that you might miss out on something.  Watch out, as it is addicting and you won't want to put it down.  Each page is filled with the author’s love.  This is a story you can read more than once.  I highly recommend this story and I can't thank the author enough for creating it.  Five Stars!



Here is my review link to Amazon: 

My Happy After review

Purchase "My Happy After"
  
I hope you enjoyed this review.  I will be featuring more authors in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned.

Until next time,

Lynn


Before you go take a look at my links:





Stay tuned for my Enlightened Desire book trailer.  Coming soon!


















No comments:

Post a Comment