Saturday, October 4, 2014

Meet Author Kristy Cato

Hello and a warm aloha to all of you.  I am back from a vacation to Kauai, where I got to do a lot of r and r.  It was nice to be able to get away, but I am happy to be back home.

Today I have Kristy Cato, author of Beating A Stud and The Dance: My First Love here to chat.  She is an incredible woman with a kind spirit.  Her story, The Dance:  My First Love has been selling like hotcakes on Amazon!  Let's all give Kristy here a big welcome!













Tell the readers a little bit about yourself.

I am from California and love it. I was born in Los Angeles, but raised in San Diego.  I have a very big heart and love everyone until they give me reason not to.


What are your stories about?
My first story is a love story about two females who fall in love like no other.  The story is told through the eyes of one of the characters.


What traits were you looking for when you were creating the main characters for your stories?
All of my stories are different, I am hoping to bring out characters that others recognize yet never see on TV, movies or in books. There are lots of people in small towns or big cities with no support or who don’t see other people out there like themselves.  I guess you can say my stories may just bring hope to others.


Did you do any types of writing while you were in school?  If so, did you receive any awards or recognition for your work?
No, not at all.  In fact, I never even thought about being a writer, I just sat down one back in 2008 and started writing a story that’s how my first book “The Dance: My First Love” came about. After that I had the writing bug and could not stop.


Was there anyone in your life who was influential with your writing?  If so, what did they say or do?
The only person I can say is my sister. She read my first story and told me to make it into a book so, to shut her up I self published sent her a copy, but I had no idea other people would buy it and read it then love it, that blew me away.


What do you like to do when you are not writing?
I love the beach, I guess that's the California girl in me.


Do you have an inspirational quote you’d like to share?  This can be from anyone, including yourself.

Yes, I do. I am not sure who wrote it, but I feel everyone should have this in the beginning of  a good story.. “If you only look for the mistakes you just may miss a good story.”


Elaborate on how you came up with your main character's interests for your stories?
That’s hard for me to explain because I am not a traditional writer. I don’t think about it.  I just sit down and start writing and whatever comes out, comes out and from there comes a story with characters that I and others recognize, if that makes any sense.


What type of music do you like to listen to when you are writing?
I love anything from the seventies R&B to Classic rock.


What has been your favorite part of being an author?  The least fave?
Well, my fave is being able to get my feeling out and giving people hope. The least fave? I sit alot writing, which is making me fat, so I have to go to the gym a lot.


What has been the strangest thing a reader has asked you?
Can I make love to you?  I think that comes from falling in love with one of the main characters from my first book people love the character Kim and want a girlfriend like her.


Do you ever go to the beach to write? 
Although I have often thought about writing at the beach I never have done so I go there to clear my head.



Before we go on to the excerpt, I'd like to share with you the link to Kristy's audio interview where she shares about "The Dance:  My First Love" with Proud to be Out.org.



Also check out her amazon reviews.  The common theme here is that this book can't be put down.  I know for myself that the story really touched my heart.






What is in the works next for you?  If you can’t share, I totally understand and respect this.
Right now I am working on getting book two out of “The Dance" series.  It is called Kim's story: After the Dance and will be available on Oct 17, 2014.

For those of you who have read “The Dance My First Love” and if you are anything like me, then you have missed the characters that I brought to life. Although my stories are fiction, I took a lot of them from my life and others lives around me mixed in with some fantasy. The stories are very real to me and I hope you are taken away for the time being. I felt that there was so much more to tell about Kim’s life in “After the Dance.” (If you will!) 

This is the second in a book series and I hope this will keep you laughing, smiling, and bring back some of those tears that you had during the first book. I am hoping this book will show that “Family” is very important and instead of tearing each other down we all need to stick together. Also, children are a blessing and not a mistake, we should show and teach them that Love is love and there is never anything wrong with love. So here it is, along with a few Characters from “The Dance: My First Love” and some new ones. I am hoping you will love it as much as you all loved “The Dance: My First Love”





Now here is an excerpt from her exceptional story, "The Dance:  My First Love."


“As a young girl growing up I was confused about who I am because there was nothing out there to show me that all people are not the same. When you are different from your friends and family, it can get lonely and hopeless. By writing my stories, I want to give hope. By age six, Carrie is used to disappointment. With a mother who is either drunk or unavailable, Carrie grows up not knowing the joy of true love. But when she turns sixteen and meets Kim, a confident new student who has just moved to her town from Arizona, Carrie realizes that she is attracted to her. As she begins a relationship with Kim, she is suddenly immersed in the unknown. Carrie is in love. Carrie is on a coming-of-age journey and has no idea where she is headed. As she grapples with trust issues and learns what it is like to be different from her friends and family, she knows she must confide in Kim and tell her she is in love with her. But when she sees Kim talking to a boy in the hallway at school, Carrie feels afraid that Kim does not feel the same way. Even after Kim and Carrie profess their love for each other, Carrie still feels insecure and wonders if Kim is truly ready to embrace commitment. The Dance: My First Love is an engaging, contemporary romance that follows two girls as they let their hearts lead and experience all the emotions that accompany never-ending love.”


This story is an attention grabber from the start.  It goes on a journey to the heart.  Many examples of selflessness were shown, which I found inspiring.  At the same time I could feel the love from the lovers.  This is definitely one you don't want to miss!

I want to thank Kristy for stopping by today.  It was a pleasure getting to know you.  For all of you, be sure to check out her website where she has her collection of shorties, including "My New Neighbor."    



Her two books are available on Amazon, ready for you. 



Until Next Time,

Lynn

Before you go take a look at my links:




Lynn Lawler's Website

#Enlighteneddesire  Join in the conversation.


Stay tuned for my Enlightened Desire book trailer.  Coming soon!


PRINTED WITH PERMISSION


No comments:

Post a Comment