Friday, November 21, 2014

Meet Author Tye Shirelle

Happy Friday readers and friends.  Today I have the author Tye Shirelle here to talk about her story, "The War Within."  So listen up.  This story has twists and depth to it and has page turning scenes.  It is not one to pass up!  It sizzles.
 

 
“I know, but Jesus Kira, even Achilles had a weakness.” 
              Tye Shirelle, The War Within

 

 



 
What is your story about?
My novel is about a woman who has suffered through a turbulent childhood with a undiagnosed mentally ill parent. The mental illness was genetically passed to her but her symptoms are successfully controlled. She thought that she finally found her happiness in life with a wife that she adores and two beautiful children, until she finds out that her wife and best friend have betrayed her in one of the worst ways ever.


What or who inspired you to write ‘The War Within’? 
I have always been an avid reader but didn't really discover novels about women loving women until recently. Once I did, it was like a non-stop gorge fest. I read whatever I could get my hands on or whatever sounded interesting to me. However, during all my book discoveries, I had a really hard time coming across a love story that consisted of a couple that was already involved in a loving marriage or in a family atmosphere with children. So, I decided to write one.
 
Your story deals with Bi-Polar disorder.  Can you elaborate for the readers a bit about this?
Bipolar Disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood. Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are severe. They are different from the normal ups and downs that everyone goes through from time to time. The symptoms can result in damaged relationships, poor job or school performance, and even suicide. Extreme changes in energy, activity, sleep, and behavior go along with these changes in mood. Bipolar Disorder can be treated, and people with this illness can lead full and productive lives. For more information visit www.nimh.nih.gov.
 
Did you do any types of writing while you were in school?  If so did you receive any awards or recognition for your work?
When I was in high school I did a lot of writing. My writing was creative and personal, I wrote a lot of poetry and short stories. Once I got to college, I became an English major, so I was required to do a lot of writing. However, the writing was mostly research, concept and evaluation based. Post-college, I continued to write for myself, for my children, for my students and for fun.
 
Was there anyone, in your life whose been an inspiration for you.  If so in what ways have they been inspirational.  Feel free to add a quote from this person.
Well, my wife has always been a constant wealth of support and encouragement. My inspiration to write, however, comes from my love of writing and story-telling. This particular piece of writing is partially inspired by my own family dynamics.
 
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
I don't want readers to get caught up in the more serious elements of the story or even the sexual orientation of the characters. I don't want readers to think that the story is too serious or not relatable because of these characteristics. It is a love story with all of the aspects of a real life love affair and it is an entertaining story with a twist. The issues in this book are problems that people face everyday.
 
Do you have an interest that you are passionate about?  Can you elaborate about it?  
I have many varied interests but the ones I am most passionate about is photography and cooking. My roommate in college was a photography major and I learned a lot of techniques and information from her. I would help her with her projects as my stress reliever. My love for photography continued to grow and soon more photo worthy events occurred in my life: the birth of my children, their milestones, beautiful landscapes and countries that I visited. I did it professionally for a couple of years but mainly for friends, friends of friends, and family. I also sold my landscape photos. I got more joy from shooting for personal fun so I converted it back into a hobby. I shot the cover for The War Within book one & book two and the cover for the book I am writing for National Writing Month.
 
What other authors do you follow? 
I follow Jade Winters, MJ Duncan, Clare Lydon, K. Bromberg, Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie, and AJ Adaire just to name a few. I read across a lot of genres and have quite a few authors that I love and respect.
.
What was the last book that you read?
I am currently reading the recently released Addicted After All (Addicted Series)  by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie. I have read the entire series and the crossover series, The Holloway Sisters. You can really feel the emotion and love between the main couples and I am obsessed with any books that can evoke a strong reaction from me.

 
What has been your favorite part of being an author?  The least fave?
The best thing about being an author is being able to bring to life my characters and share them with the world. The worst thing about being an author is the publicity. It takes a lot of time and energy to get the word out about your book so that people will even know that it exists. It took me by surprise the amount of avenues I've had to travel down to promote my book and still only reached a handful of people.
 
Would you ever want to see ‘The War Within’ on the big screen.  If so who would you like to see play your main characters?
I think The War Within would make for a very interesting movie. If the actors could successfully capture the many facets of the characters and bring to life all of the emotion embedded in the story, I think the movie would be enjoyable. I wouldn't mind seeing Angie Harmon play Avery, Cameron Diaz play the E's and maybe Thandie Newton as Kira. I think everyone would want to see that movie!
That is going to be one blockbuster movie and one that I’d like to see!  Angie Harmon has an edge to her that is perfect.  I agree, she would be perfect for the role. 


Emma
Avery


Kira
 

Evie
 
 

              

 

 

 

Where would you go for your dream vacation?  Would you ever use that location as the main location in a future story?
I would love to visit Belize and relax on the water for about a month. I consider many locations for the settings for my stories. I haven't thought about using Belize but I am not opposed to it. I guess we will have to wait and see and we includes myself. Sometimes, I don't know where a story will take place until I sit down and start writing.
 

What is in the works next for you?  If you can’t share, I totally understand and respect this.
I am still working on book 2 of The War Within but took a momentary break to participate in National Writing Month.

Please keep us posted about National Writing Month.  We'd love to read what you submitted.  In the meanwhile here is an excerpt from 'The War Within.  Read on: 

          Emma immediately sucks in a breath and suddenly grows quiet. I still. I stop stroking her hair. I loosen my grip around her shoulders. I pull back away from her and she sits up straight on the couch. I stare at her face, more specifically at her eyes. It’s as if time has ceased or is moving in super slow motion. My heart is pounding so hard in fear, I’m surprised it hasn’t burst out of my chest and run to hide under the bed. The blood is rushing through my ears and it feels like a firecracker has gone off near my eardrum. Terror dances on my nerves as I look at Emma with that shocked 'deer in the headlights' look on her face. She looks almost as afraid as I am. I swallow hard and pose the question I am not sure I want to know the answer to.

 
This is an excellent book and one that I recommend.  Stay tuned for my review in the upcoming weeks.  Take a look at these reviews that others have written about Tye and her story, 'The War Within'. 


'Chicas loves to read' blog

Serenity's lovely reads blog

Batty for books and loving it

RBTL Reviews



And here is her book trailer for this gem:



I want to thank Tye for stopping by to chat.  Like I said her book is phenomenal!  Before you go, take a moment to check out her links:


Tye's Website

Tye's Facebook page

Tye's Twitter page

Tye's Goodreads page
 

Tye's Amazon Author page


Tye's Pinterest page
 
 
 
'The War Within' can also be purchased at these fine online retailers:

Amazon.uk

Barnes and Noble

Smashwords

Goodreads

Scribd



Lastly, I want to thank all of you for stopping by.  Until next time. 

Lynn  
 
 







 



#Enlighteneddesire    Join in the conversation.


Stay tuned for my Enlightened Desire book trailer.  Coming soon!

Printed with Permission
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment