Friday, November 14, 2014

Welcome Back Author Jalpa Williby

Hello and a warm welcome to you all.  Today I have a special guest and Amazon best seller, Jalpa Williby here to discuss her smash hit Chaysing Dreams trio.  I am excited for her and just love her first book, Chaysing Dreams.  For those of you who don't know Jalpa, I featured her last fall in my 23-Sep-13 blog, where she discusses more about Chaysing Dreams.  Let's all give Jalpa a warm welcome back!




 

Would you sacrifice everything for love? 

 



  
Tell us the good news with your Chaysing Dreams trio.  It is doing very well on Amazon!  What are your secrets to your awesome success?
I’ve been very fortunate. Both Chaysing Dreams and Chaysing Memories have been on the Amazon best seller list numerous times. To be honest, the sales are very sporadic. Some weeks are better than others. I still haven’t quite figured out the formula to success yet. I do try to do it all though. I try to just bring as much exposure as I can through various social media. Also, I try to blog at least couple of times a month. Reviews help and of course the awards don’t hurt.
 
 
Can you share about the awards you have received for the story?
For Chaysing Dreams, I won the Gold Medal from Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards for Romance/Suspense. I also won the Five Star Seal from them. I received the Excellence in Authorship from Authors’ Cave. Chaysing Dreams was also voted as the book of the month by Authors’ Cave. It has received the IBD Award and was a finalist in three different categories through Readers’ Favorite: Romance/Suspense, General Romance, and Fiction Chick Lit.
Chaysing Memories won the Gold Medal from Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards for Romance/Suspense as well. It has also received the Five Star Seal from them. Additionally, it was a finalist in Romance Suspense and Fiction Military.
 
Tell the readers a little bit about yourself. 
I am originally from India. I came to the United States at the age of eight. What’s interesting is that I didn’t know any English at the time, so really, English is my second language. I graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Psych/pre-med. I went to graduate school and received my Masters in Physical Therapy. I currently practice physical therapy with kids and adults with developmental disabilities.
I’ve always loved reading- that’s been my escape for as long as I can remember. Two years ago, I decided to challenge myself to see if I can write a novel. And Chaysing Dreams was created! I fell in love with the story and the characters, and realized my love for writing. So in the evenings and on weekends, I write and market. I tell everybody that I have two fulltime jobs!

 
How has your main character, Tess, grown throughout the story? 

Tess starts out as a young, innocent girl in the beginning of Chaysing Dreams. She’s only fifteen and lives this perfect life with her perfect family. But, things are not as they seem. Unfortunately, Tess had to face much hardship in her life. By the time she’s in the third book, she has gone through so much loss that it made her a very strong woman.

In Chaysing Memories, she’s in her twenties, and she’s confident and fierce. 
 
 
Would you recap the plot for Chaysing Dreams and Chaysing Memories?
Chaysing Dreams is about innocence lost. It’s a coming-of-age tale, full of the growing pains, friendship, family dynamics, tragedy and perseverance, and most of all, a beautiful love story.
Chaysing Memories basically tackles the question of what’s stronger: your heart or your mind.
And in Chaysing Destiny (to be released soon), all hell breaks loose. ;)

 
When your story is made into a movie, who would you like to cast for the main characters and why?
This is tough because my characters are very unique. I do have a dream cast link though. It’s on my website as well as my Pinterest. Here’s the link for my website:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her website features information about the actors she would be portrayed in her movie.  I was excited to see that Hayden Panettiere was included in Jalpa's cast. 

 
 
How have you grown since creating Tess?

Actually, I think I’ve grown as a writer. I’m more confident when I write and I’ve learned a lot of new words. I always tell people that I’m a storyteller, not a writer. I think there’s a huge difference. But with my third book, Chaysing Destiny, almost out, I’m transitioning to be a pretty good writer now. 

 

  
Do you have an inspirational quote you’d like to share? 
 
I always tell people, “Life is short, so live it.” I also always say, especially to my kids, “Nobody said life was going to be easy, so suck it up. You have to keep moving or you’ll get left behind.” I know, I can be a bit hard sometimes.
 
Where are your favorite places to write?  Can you share a little about them?
My life is crazy busy so I write where I can. Usually, I’ll either write at my kitchen table or in my bedroom late at night when everybody is sound asleep. Sometimes, when ideas come to me when I’m not at home, I’ll even text them to myself so I remember. It’s absolutely nuts. When I’ve thrown myself into a story, I think about it night and day. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stopped at a red light and texted ideas to myself. 

 
What is next in the works for you?  If you can’t share, we totally understand.
I’d love to share! I just finished the manuscript for Chaysing Destiny. That’s the final installment of the Chaysing Trilogy. I absolutely can’t wait for its release. I’ve put everything into it and really challenged myself. It’s a lot darker than the other two, and some scenes were actually difficult to write. But it had to go there. I can only hope that it gives the readers the closure they’ve been waiting for.

 
All of us authors have experienced the dreaded writers block from time to time.  How do you overcome yours.  Do you have any tricks that you’d like to share with our readers?
When I have a writers’ block, I step away from it all. I try to catch up on my reading. Many times, something inspires me from what I read. If not, I shut the door and literally place myself in my characters’ world. I close my eyes and visualize what’s happening to them. There are so many times when I wasn’t sure what was going to occur in a particular scene, and the characters basically dictated where the story was going. It’s pretty amazing when that happens.
In addition Jalpa has been very busy this past year including a few video interviews.  In this interview she speaks about both books with enthusiasm.  Her positive attitude is very catching.
 
 
 
Chaysing Dreams is an excellent book and I just loved the characters.  The main character just melted my heart.  The story flows really well and is engaging.  Here is an excerpt from this fantastic story:

Would you sacrifice everything for love?

Tess has always been haunted with the same nightmares of running for her life. Determined not to let it bother her, she survives the growing pains of high school. When accepted into her dream college, Tess is excited to start her life of independence. There, she meets Chris and is instantly drawn to him. The more Tess tries to connect the missing pieces of her life, the more obscure her past and future appear. To make matters worse, she realizes she has fallen for a man who may be a dangerous enemy. As passion ignites, she can’t help but surrender her heart and soul to him. Tess is unexpectedly exposed to a world of secrecy and deceit, causing her to run for her life. Can she escape or will she be caught, forcing her to face her worst nightmare?
 
And here is an excerpt from Chaysing Memories.

Even if your mind forgets, will your heart remember?

They say you can’t beat Fate. She has the power to fill your heart with happiness or shatter it into a million pieces. Tess’s perfect little world is now nothing more than chaos. She can’t remember the most crucial events of her life, including the man she once fell in love with. Will she be able to trust her instincts before it’s too late?
Chayse has given up his life for her. And he would do it again. A man, once powerful and fierce, now has lost control of everything. Can he hang on to the slim hope that somehow Tess will save him from his hell, even though she has no idea who he is?
Travel the journey with Tess as she bravely barrels through the enigmatic path, through her laughter and tears, through her pain and desire.

 
I want to thank Jalpa for stopping by to chat.  As I mentioned above, Jalpa was featured in my 23-Sep-13 blog, so check it out.   Don’t go yet, Jalpa has some nice links for you to visit:

Jalpa's Website

 
 







Until Next Time,

Lynn

Before you go take a look at my links:





#Enlighteneddesire  Join in the conversation.

Stay tuned for my Enlightened Desire book trailer.  Coming soon!



Printed with Permission


1 comment: