Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sweet Holidays

Hello.  It has been a long time since I last checked in.  I hope you all are enjoying your holidays.  I certainly have been.  Like many of you know, I went on my dream vacation on Kauai with my spouse back in September and had a blast.  We saw so many sights and the salty air was refreshing.  One place I'll never forget is the Fern Grotto, which is a cave that has ferns growing upside down inside of it.  It is a very enchanting place and one that I'll go back to again and again.  Look to the left side of the picture and you will see water falling. 





A lot has happened this year.  I have been making a lot of progress on another manuscript that is going to be a trilogy.  I am planning on publishing book one next year.  I am so grateful for my beta readers who have been so helpful.  I really appreciate all of the feedback, as they are gifts.

The story is an interesting one.  It involves a self centered woman who asks for her deepest desire and gets it.  At the same time she is stuck in an identity crisis and is very afraid.  Desperation sinks in and depression takes over.  Each day she wakes and doesn't know who she is.   The only saving grace to her misery is her lover.  Even with her, she needs to take certain precautions. 

I am currently fine tuning the second part, adding some drama to her lover and have started with the outline for the third part.  If you love paranormal, drama and light danger, peppered with romance, you're going to love this story.



 
 
 
Now I get to focus on my main project.  I am in the final stages of editing Enlightened Desire.  This means that there will be no more edits.  I need to be right on the money before I send it off to a publisher.  I did some thinking in Kauai and feel that I need to let go and let things evolve.  I did the footwork, and checked my efforts.  Now I need to trust and let it create itself.  All I'm going to do is drive myself crazy if I keep nitpicking over everything. This is my baby and like a first time mom, I want to do things that are in the best interest of the story.  But at the same time I don't want to spend the next ten years tweaking it. 

As I was working on the edits, I got to thinking.  What would the main character do if she were writing a book.  She would probably write a horror f/f romance story in which the main character is a shapeshifter and but her lover is not.  Perhaps the main character also has ulterior modes.  Perhaps she brings together a group of people to help her further her agenda, that is without them knowing what the true motive is.  She'd have to add something very bizarre to the story, such as a location.



Here is another excerpt from the Enlightened Desire:

   She turned around and looked back at the party.  Everyone looked as if they were enjoying themselves.  She felt badly because she was not.  She was bored and wanted something exciting to do. 

   Suddenly she turned around.  In front of her was a familiar face: the brunette-haired woman in the strapless red dress was walking in her direction.  Jackie almost gasped.  Quickly she composed herself.  The next moment their eyes met.  The woman gave Jackie a seductive glance.  A second later, she winked at Jackie.  She casually walked by Jackie and whispered, “I look forward to seeing you soon.”  Jackie felt a pat on her derriere.  Her heart raced with excitement.  She was feeling lucky and wanted to spice up the party.

Quickly, Jackie turned and saw the woman walking away, her hips moving with a sexy wiggle.  Jackie felt a strong urge to go after her and see what she wanted.  It was obvious that she had made a pass at Jackie, and that the ball was now in Jackie’s court.  She was hot for a woman and she wanted her now.  She did not care what Kyle thought at this point.

Suddenly, Jackie felt herself flush and become light-headed.  She grabbed the nearest empty chair and sat down.  She barely made it into the seat before she saw stars.
***
 
   A moment later Jackie heard a voice in the background, startling her. “Hey there.”  Jackie looked up and felt her heart stop.  Leaning into her was the face of the young woman in the red dress.  Her brown eyes widened and she whispered, “You look as bored as I am.  How would you like to have some fun?”

“And what might that be?”
 
    “Well, why don’t you follow me?”  The woman winked and reached out for Jackie’s hand.  Jackie stood up without any dizziness and the woman led her through the crowd and into the house.  They passed through a few rooms until they came to a vestibule off the family room.  At the far end was a door.  The woman opened it and Jackie followed her into the darkness.

*****
More excerpts to come later.

*****
 
I have been having a blast with my blog interviews.  I have met so many really cool authors.  Like I've mentioned before, it really feels good helping another author out.  Let's face it promotion is a lot of work.  But if we work together it makes it all the more easier.  And it is fun.  I love it when I meet up with people who have read my featured authors works.  I've been trying to engage others by asking them questions about the books.  In fact I am putting together a book discussion on my fan page.  The main purpose will be to discuss books.  It will be another opportunity to get to meet more awesome authors. 
 
Last year I partook in a blog blast tour in which we were to include our favorite holiday recipe.  The blog date is 13-Nov-13.  I shared my famous homemade from scratch pumpkin pie.  I had a lot of fun creating the blog and visiting the other participants blogs.  They also had a prize giveaway.  I got to meet a lot of really great authors.  It was fun checking out their blogs and their recipes.  This is such a good way to bring authors together.  I'm always looking for an opportunity to blog so if anyone knows of anything, let me know.


*****

I am happy now that it has cooled down and that the holidays are upon us.  I love this time of year.  I get out my baking pans and make all kinds of goodies.  I made my traditional pumpkin pie for Christmas Eve dinner.  It went over very well.  Next on my agenda is chocolate chip cookies and a cherry pie from scratch.  I'd love to share with you my chocolate chip cookie recipe:

2     cups flour
1/2  cup alternative butter
2     Tbs apple sauce
1/2  cup alternative milk
1     tsp vanilla
1/2  tsp baking powder
1/2  tsp sea salt
1     cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine alt butter, apple sauce, vanilla, and sugar in bowl and beat on high until creamy.
Blend in flour, alt milk, baking powder, and sea salt until mixture is sticky.
Spoon out dough onto cookie sheet.  Using an ice cream scooper is ideal, but a spoon works just fine.

Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
 
Note:  Oven temps vary so yours may bake faster, as mine is a slow oven.
 


I hope all of you are doing well and staying warm.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Until Next Time,

Lynn

Before you go take a look at my links:




Lynn Lawler's Website

#enlighteneddesire  Join in the conversation.


Stay tuned for my Enlightened Desire book trailer.  Coming soon!



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment