Saturday, February 14, 2015

Peace is the way to be.

Hello, and good morning to you all.  I am feeling extremely peaceful today.  2014 was a big year and I felt myself shift in many ways.  It had a rough beginning and a smooth ending.  I said goodbye to a lot of things that no longer serve my best and highest good.  Some things were very hurtful, but with my strong faith and support from my friends and family, I was able to get through it all.

One thing I got to do this past year was go on my dream vacation to Kauai with my spouse.   We had such a blast there.  This is a place I've wanted to go back to for a long time.  I love the serenity of the island.  Someday I'd like to maybe own a time share on it so we can go back every year.  This experience was very special.

We went on a hike to the Ho'op'i Falls.  It was so serene and is a good place to chillax.   The roars from the waterfall put me into a place where I was able to meditate and I could hear it speak in it's native language.  It was enchanting.  

We also went on a boat tour and were able to see sights that you cannot experience by any other way.  The
Napoli Coast is really incredible and seeing it by boat is a must!  The tour starts at Hanalei Bay.  There is no dock so we had to wade through the water to get to the boat.  We went snorkeling and saw some sea turtles.  I enjoyed splashing in the warm Pacific Ocean. 

Below is a cavern along the Napoli Coast; we actually got to go inside of it.    It was cool that we were able to visit for some time. 





On a more somber note, a few weeks ago we had to say goodbye to our sweetheart, Diego, who we loved dearly.  He was 14 and very much a Tom Cat.  He'd strut with his head held high when he was in our yard.  Or I should say his yard.    He stayed active until the hour he died.  He was a very social cat and loved people.  Our neighbors liked him too.  We once had a pet sitter who told us that she'd never been hugged by a cat before Diego.  He always loved to give hugs to me and my spouse.  We've come to the conclusion that he owned us.




*****


Recently my spouse and I took a visit up to Pismo Beach Ca. just to get out of town.  While there we visited
the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary, which is a place where a large number of Monarch butterflies migrate to each winter.  This year they estimated that around 26,000 butterflies arrived.

It was amazing seeing thousands of butterflies gathering amongst the trees.  The scent of eucalyptus permeated the area and we were spiritually lifted.



*****
Not long ago a friend posted a saying that basically says that our trials are preparing us for what we want in life.  I agree to a certain extent, however, it is a bitter pill to swallow.  All I can do is trust the process and take positive action to ensure that my path continues to lead me towards enlightenment.  

This year also reminded me of the golden rule that we all learned in school.  It is natural for me now to be upbeat and be appreciative of others.  It makes me feel good being there for another author.  This is why I love to blog.  

Last year I featured a lot of really great authors who are doing very well.   Some of the authors I featured were, Suzie Carr, Jalpa Williby, and Shiralyn J. Lee.  All of them have new books out.  Check out my other entries as I have more great authors to choose from.



 


 
I want to elaborate on the gratitude that I now feel.  Recently I was awakened to a new truth and I feel liberated.  I feel like anything is possible now and the sky's the limit.  No longer do I feel tied down to anything.  Most important are my friends and family who support me and my work.  I couldn't have done it all without you all.


Stay tuned for more author interviews and book reviews as well as more personal updates.  Next week I will be reviewing a book whose characters drew me in, in a way I have not experienced in a long time.  They literally spoke to me when I wasn't reading the book.  Needless to say, it had me hooked. 
Until Next Time,

Lynn


Before you go take a look at my links:

 













No comments:

Post a Comment